Left, Marlena Synchyshyn; Right, Anna Dobos — Both For Polyester Issue Five
How can I purchase the print zine?
Our latest issue is available to buy from here, where you can also find a full list of stockists.
Do you take on interns?
At the moment we do not take on interns. However do we take on photographic & styling assistants from time to time. If you are London based and would be interested in assisting on shoots please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any relevant experience you may have. We also take on ad-hoc editorial interns to help with transcriptions and events- please email email@example.com if interested.
How can I submit to Polyester to have my work featured?
We are currently looking for four types of online contributors – please note, we only accept contributions from women, femmeS and/or the LGBTQA+ community:
- REGULAR COLUMNIST – would you like to write regularly for Polyester online? We’re looking for writers to contribute at least once a month to the platform. Anything from interviews, features or personal essays. Previous experience in journalism welcomed but not necessary.
- COMIC ARTISTS AND ILLUSTRATORS – As well as always keeping an up to date database of illustrators that are interested in providing art work for written features, we’re also looking for regular illustration series and comic strips for the site. If you’d like to draw comics regularly for our online platform, or be added to the database, please drop us an email specifying which you’re interested in, and up to date examples of work.
- PHOTO EDITORIAL SUBMISSIONS – We’re always looking for photo editorial and series submissions on an ongoing basis. Please do not email wetransfer files with expiry dates or files that must be downloaded to view. Instead attach examples to your email or provide Dropbox links. If you’re looking to create original content for the site – email us with a mood board and concept outline and we can take it from there. We usually look for photo editorials with a strong social message, fashion editorials are fine — but no fashion just for fashions sake, please.
- WEB DESIGNER – We’re looking to make some changes to polyester online! If you can code WordPress sites, and are either based in London or don’t mind working remotely, please drop us an email with your previous experience and examples of work.
SOME REQUIREMENTS AND TIPS WHEN SUBMITTING WORK:
– We’re London based, but accept worldwide submissions!
– Once we have given you the thumbs up to write/shoot for us, make sure to add links to your social media profiles (Instagram / Twitter) so we can give credit when posting on our social media platform.
– We also ask for a bio from all of our contributors so we can add you to our contributors section, and these need to be sent along with your work.
– Proofread your work always and make sure to add the correct links to other websites if it is relevant to your article.
-Do not send more than one email! We receive a lot of emails, and although we’d love to chat to you all we unfortunately are unable to.
– If you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks your work will not be published online. But please don’t let this discourage you to send in your work. The topic or photoshoot you have sent was probably just not right for the time being. Read more of the posts we publish for inspiration for writing ideas or photoshoot submissions. If we feel that your submitted work doesn’t fit but you are talented and perfect for Polyester we are more than likely to discuss other options with you.
– We will try to help as much as we can with your submissions if you are having trouble being able to create a developed idea for a written piece or photo shoot/editorial.
– Similarly, if you are a photographer, stylist, MUA or illustrator but don’t have any specific work to submit, do not hesitate to email us. We’re always looking for new people to work with on shoots – especially those that are London based.
– If you’re a DJ/musician and are interested in performing at one of our parties email firstname.lastname@example.org